At Highland, the SaaS Solutions Delivery practice specializes in helping organizations design & leverage standard software platforms in order to better serve client team members and end customers alike. We love designing digital products that help organizations empower the people that they employ & serve. We are a team of 35+ analysts, strategists, designers, and developers, delivering to clients for more than 20 years.
We are excited to add a Business Development Representative to our team who can build on our strong work to date and help us achieve our continued growth objectives.
Highland Business Development Representative
A Highland Business Development Representative develops and/or expands relationships within the identified target market and a defined portfolio of software platform partners. The Business Development Representative is responsible for achieving ongoing revenue targets, a high lead/prospect conversion rate, a high level of partner engagement, and other sales centric objectives. The Business Development Representative engages with leads/prospects & represents the entire range of partner products and Highland services related to Creatio, monday.com, and SugarCRM.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish productive, professional relationships built on trust with key personnel within the designated platform partner community.
- Identify trends and lead/prospect needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Work closely with marketing, qualifying leads from campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Work closely with platform partners, qualifying partner leads as sales opportunities.
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics.
- Take a lead role in the development of software demonstrations, presentations, and proposals to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
- Constantly monitor and work to improve platform partner satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of designated Highland partner offerings, market positioning, messaging, etc.
The Ideal Candidate Checks These Boxes
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud-based technologies
- Successful track record of time and activity management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum five (5) years of sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Solid knowledge of CRM software
- Four (4) year college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
All Highlanders Embody the Highland Core Values
- People First: What we make and how we work should make it a little bit better to be alive: for us, our clients, and their customers.
- Be Curious: The big picture is everyone's responsibility. There is always more to learn. We are generous in teaching what we know.
- Be Transparent: We respond to problems with solutions, not blame. Vulnerability, while risky, leads to trust and understanding. We're accountable to our clients and to each other. Even when things aren't going well.
- Give a Damn: Our client's goals are our goals. We do work we can be proud of. Quality is non-negotiable.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Highland is committed to creating a just, equitable workplace, and is actively seeking candidates who can bring the value of diverse lived experiences to this position. We look for candidates who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency; women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
- The ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/ or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The Fine Print
- Competitive salary position based on current market value
- Voluntary participation in company health and wellness benefits
- Voluntary participation in the company 401K program
- Mixture of Work from Home & use of the company office in Chicago’s downtown Loop, meaning you may be asked to occasionally come into the office
- Minimal travel required, approximately 15%, and mostly in the Midwest
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time